The Future Is Here! Join us in Natchez for the 81st Annual Conference, April 26-28, 2019!
This year we are celebrating the Mississippi National Guard’s role in the future of our military with a Future themed conference. So bring your favorite space outfits, Jetsons, Buck Rogers, Star Trek, Star Wars, robots, Guardians of the Galaxy and any other world your mind can imagine. We are also having several speakers and experts talking to us about such topics as Army Futures, “Space Force” and artificial intelligence. It’s going to be an “out of this world” good time.
All events for the 81st Annual NGAMS conference will be at the Natchez Convention Center located at 211 Main Street, Natchez, MS 39120. There is a block of rooms at the below local hotels. Everyone is familiar with the Grand and the other three are brand new and very nice. Reservations can be made by calling the numbers below. Use group code for each hotel. Block deadline is April 2, 2019.
The Grand Hotel 601-446-9994 Group code: National Guard Association
Holiday Inn 601-442-4462 Group code: National Guard
Hampton Inn 601-446-6770 Group code: National Guard
Magnolia Bluffs Hotel 601-861-4600 Group code: Natl Guard 2019
We also have several Bed and Breakfast options available within walking distance of the Natchez Convention Center. Please call Greg Taylor at 662-501-0260 or email@example.com.
Please note that we have reserved two large parking lots across the street from the Natchez Convention Center. We also will have shuttles to and from all the hotels. Therefore transportation and parking will not be an issue.
Reservations can be made for The Grand Hotel using the following link The Grand Hotel Reservations, (Group Password is NGA) or by calling. Depending on the room the rate is $114.00-$139.00 per night, which does not include state and local taxes. Use the Group Codes to ensure you receive the conference rate. Block deadline is April 2, 2019.
AGAIN EVERYONE IS REMINDED TO MAKE YOUR OWN RESERVATIONS WITH THE HOTELS. YOU MUST RESERVE EARLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE INCLUDED IN THE BLOCK OF ROOMS SET ASIDE.
ALL REGISTRATION OTHER THAN ROOM RESERVATIONS ARE HANDLED ON A PRE-REGISTRATION BASIS ONLY AND IS DUE IN THE NGAMS OFFICE NO LATER THAN TUESDAY, April 2, 2019.Tickets for events will NOT be available at the Registration Desk. Cancellations will be honored with full refund until 12:00 p.m., April 18, 2019, if you contact NGAMS. There are 4 easy ways to register for the conference. Members may register by clicking here or at https://www.ngams.org, Events, State-conference, Register as an individual or download and complete the 2019 Registration Form and mail to NGAMS or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 601-353-1207.
Hospitality rooms will be in the Grand Hotel. All units will have hospitality rooms provided at no cost to the units beginning Friday, April 26, 2019. Rooms should be coordinated with CPT Joshua Bishop at 601-757-1508 or Joshua.email@example.com. The “AT EASE GANG” will have their own hospitality room again this year.
As we often get this question from spouses and guests here is a guide for attire:
Sporting Events: Casual or attire appropriate for the event. Collared shirts are required for golf and tennis.
Friday Night Social: Casual attire. There will be music and dancing for those who are so inclined.
Business Session: Military: ACU or ABU. Civilian: Business casual.
Spouse Luncheon: Casual attire.
Unit dinner: Military: Mess Dress or ASU with bow tie/Class A
Men: Suit or coat and tie; no tuxedos required; Women: Short or long evening dress.
Also, please be sure your spouse registers on our Spouse Registration page so we can send information straight to them.
Finally, we hope you will also make plans to attend the 141st NGAUS Conference in Denver, Colorado, August 30 – September 2, 2019. No deposit needed at this time, just contact Greg Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address (civilian preferred) if you want more information as it becomes available. I look forward to seeing you in Natchez.
COL Jody Mike Smith
2018-2019 NGAMS President
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS – 81st ANNUAL CONFERENCE – NGAMS
FRIDAY, April 26, 2019–Fees should be included with registration.
- Golf– Shotgun starts at 8:00 a.m. for first flight and 1:00 p.m. for second flight at the Duncan Park Golf Course, 57 Duncan Park Road, Natchez, MS Lunch is provided between 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. $60 per person. Deadline to register is March 26, 2019. If signing up as a team (four players per team) please include names, email addresses and cell phone number. Point of contact is COL Rick Weaver at Richard.email@example.com or 601-769-3461 or CPT Tony Harrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-463-7101
- Tennis– 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m., Duncan Park Tennis Courts, 57 Duncan Park Road, Natchez, MS 39120, $20 per player. Proper tennis attire is required. Point of contact is LTC Joy Alexander at email@example.com or 601-310-0837, or CW5 Clay Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-408-0056. Lunch will be provided immediately following the matches.
- Bowling– 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m., Bluff City Bowl, 285 John R. Junking Drive, Natchez, MS 39120, $15 per player. Point of contact is LTC Jim Barry at email@example.com.
- Skeet Shooting– 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Giles Island Hunting Club, LLC, 449 Old River Boat Camp Road, Ferriday, LA 71334 , $45 per person. Guns and ammo are provided, or you can bring your own. Refreshments will be provided. Point of contact is LTC David Martian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-418-4458.
- Mixology– Learn the craft of making cocktails in one of the best restaurants in Natchez, King’s Tavern, 613 Jefferson Street, Natchez, MS 39120 with veteran mixologist Ricky Woolfolk. Make 4 drinks and sample appetizers to go with them. Only $20 per person. Classes are limited to 25 for each Friday, April 26 session: 12:00-1:30 pm, 1:30-3:00 pm, 3:00-4:30 pm and 4:30- 6:00 pm. POC is CW3 Sara Smith at 740-228-2601 or email@example.com.
- Scavenger Hunt – Explore historic Natchez as if it were a giant game board with modern technology. Take a unique two-hour guided tour of Natchez using your smart phone beginning at Rolling Rock Bistro, 406 Main Street, Natchez, MS 39120. Only $15 per person. Groups take the tour 2:00-4:00 pm on Saturday, April 27. POC is Ms. Kim Harrell at 601-624-7730 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Memorial 5K Run– starts at 4:00 p.m. $15 per person for conference attendees. T-Shirts will be provided. Officers and family members of all ages are invited to run. We will also allow non-conference attendees to run via a separate registration. Location will be downtown Natchez. A specific address will be forwarded as the conference approaches. Point of contact is Lt Col Jeremy Parker at email@example.com or 601-313-6293.
- Registration Packets– Packets will be available in the Natchez Convention Center at the NGAMS booth at the entrance of the exhibit hall 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Friday, April 26, 2019, and reopen again at 7:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m., Saturday, April 27, 2019.
- Opening Ceremony, Exhibitor Hall Ribbon Cutting and Hospitality Night– Join us at 6:30 p.m.-11:00 p.m. as the Adjutant General officially opens the 81st Annual NGAMS Conference and cuts the ribbon for the Exhibitor Hall. Then stay for Hospitality Night as we continue with food, drinks and live music. No charge but please indicate your attendance on your conference registration so we will have enough food.
SATURDAY, April 27, 2019 – All breakfasts will be held in the Natchez Convention Center for $10. Please see your registration packet for each room location.
- ANNUAL “AT EASE GANG” BREAKFAST~7:00 a.m., no charge for “At Ease Gang” members.
- CHAPLAIN BREAKFAST~ 7:00 a.m.
- MS AIR NATIONAL GUARD BREAKFAST~7:00 a.m.
- OCS ANNUAL ALUMNI BREAKFAST ~7:00 a.m.
- ROTC ALUMNI BREAKFAST~ 7:00 a.m.
- SERVICE ACADEMY ALUMNI BREAKFAST~7:00 a.m.
- WARRANT OFFICER BREAKFAST ~7:00 a.m.
- BUSINESS SESSION ~9:00 a.m. Spouses are invited to the opening ceremony. Uniform is ABU/ACU for military personnel and business casual for spouses and retirees.
- SPOUSE/GUEST ACTIVITY~11:00 a.m. in the Natchez Community Center. Come join us for A Taste of Natchez where we will have booths featuring restaurants and shopping from all over town. Name badges will contain your ticket for admission so pre-registration is essential. Lots of prizes will be awarded. Cost is $10 per person.
- COMPANY GRADE OFFICER LUNCH WITH TAG~at the conclusion of the business session in the convention center (specific location will be in your registration packet). There is no charge for this event. Point of contact is COL Allen McDaniel at 601-540-2794 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FIELD GRADE LUNCHEON~at the conclusion of the business session in the convention center (Specific location will be in your registration packet). Cost is $10 per person. Point of contact is COL Allen McDaniel at 601-540-2794 or email@example.com.
- UNITS DINNER~at the Natchez Convention Center.Cash Bar opens at 6:00 p.m. Dinner will be served at 7:00 p.m. Cost is $20 per person. Name badges will contain your ticket for admission so pre-registration is essential. Dress attire and appropriate attire for spouses.
Please visit www.ngams.org, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for more information and updates.