Let’s go “Back To The 80s” for the 80th Annual Conference in Biloxi, Mississippi, May 4-6, 2018
All events and lodging for the 80th Annual NGAMS conference will be at the IP Casino Resort Spa located at 850 Bayview Avenue, Biloxi, MS 39530. Room Reservations can be made online at IP Casino Reservations, or by calling the Room Reservations Department directly at 888-946-2847, press 1 for reservations, identify themselves with the group code, and present a credit card number to hold the reservation.. The rate is $139.99 per night, which does not include state and local taxes. Use Group Code: S180338 to ensure you receive the conference rate.
The deadline for making room reservations is April 7, 2018. EVERYONE IS REMINDED TO MAKE YOUR OWN RESERVATIONS WITH THE HOTEL. YOU MUST RESERVE ONLINE OR CALL EARLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE INCLUDED IN THE BLOCK OF ROOMS SET ASIDE.
Register for the Conference Events using the following link:
ALL REGISTRATION OTHER THAN ROOM RESERVATIONS ARE HANDLED ON A PRE-REGISTRATION BASIS ONLY AND IS DUE IN THE NGAMS OFFICE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2018. Tickets for events will NOT be available at the Registration Desk. Cancellations will be honored with full refund until 12:00 p.m., April 23, 2018, if you contact NGAMS. Email Greg Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 601-354-7555 with any questions.
Hospitality rooms will be located in the IP Casino Hotel. All units will have hospitality rooms provided at no cost to the units beginning Friday May 4, 2018. Rooms should be coordinated with Maj Amanda Villeret at 601-212-5626 or email@example.com. The “AT EASE GANG” will have their own hospitality room this year.
As we often get this question from spouses and guests here is a guide for civilians’ attire:
Sporting Events: Casual or attire appropriate for the event. Collared shirts are required for golf and tennis.
Friday Night Social: 80’s dress or casual. There will be music and dancing for those who are so inclined.
Business Session: Business casual.
Spouse Luncheon: New Orleans Style attire (Mardi Gras colors encouraged).
Unit dinner: Men: Suit or coat and tie; no tuxedos required; Women: Short or long evening dress.
We hope you will make plans to attend the 140th NGAUS Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, August 24-27, 2018. No deposit needed at this time, just contact Greg Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address (civilian preferred) if you want more information as it becomes available. I look forward to seeing you in Biloxi.
ALLEN MCDANIEL II
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS – 80th ANNUAL CONFERENCE – NGAMS
FRIDAY, May 4, 2018 –Fees should be included with registration.
- Golf – Shotgun starts at 8:00 a.m. for first flight and 1:00 p.m. for second flight at the The Preserve Golf Course, 8901 Highway 57 North, Vancleave, MS Lunch is provided between 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. $75 per person. Deadline to register is April 20, 2018. If signing up as a team (four players per team) please include names, email addresses and cell phone number. Point of contact is CPT Tony Harrell at email@example.com or 601-463-7101.
- Tennis – 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m., Gulf Hills Racquet Club, 13751 Fairway Drive, Ocean Springs, MS 39564, $20 per player. Proper tennis attire is required. Point of contact is MAJ Michael Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-251-1319, or CW3 Jon Herrington at email@example.com or 601-297-9642. Lunch provided immediately following the matches.
- Bowling – 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m., Big Play Entertainment Center, 1842 Beach Blvd, Biloxi, MS 39531, $10 per player. Point of contact is 2LT Eric Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Skeet Shooting – 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Coast Rifle and Pistol Club, 16706 Highway 67, Biloxi, MS 39532, $45 per person. Guns and ammo are provided, or you can bring your own. Refreshments will be provided. Point of contact is LTC David Martian at email@example.com or 662-418-4458.
- Memorial 5K Run – starts at 4:00 p.m. $15 per person for conference attendees. T-Shirts will be provided. Officers and family members of all ages are invited to run. We will also allow non-conference attendees to run via a separate registration. Location is Adventures Pub & Spirits, 132 Le Meuse Street, Biloxi, MS Point of contact is MAJ Jason Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 228-669-3042.
- Registration Packets – will be available at the ticket booth to the left of the main entrance of the IP Casino from 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Friday, May 4, 2018. Registration will open 7:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m., Saturday, May 5, 2018 at the NGAMS booth at the entrance of the exhibit hall.
- Opening Ceremony, Exhibitor Hall Ribbon Cutting and Hospitality Night – Join us at 6:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. as the Adjutant General officially opens the 80th Annual NGAMS Conference and cuts the ribbon for the Exhibitor Hall. Then stay for Hospitality Night as we continue with food, drinks and live music. No charge but please indicate your attendance on your conference registration so we will have enough food.
SATURDAY, May 5, 2018 – All breakfasts will be held in the IP Casino for $10. Please see your registration packet for each room location.
- ANNUAL “AT EASE GANG” BREAKFAST ~ 7:00 a.m., no charge for “At Ease Gang” members.
- CHAPLAIN BREAKFAST ~ 7:00 a.m.
- MS AIR NATIONAL GUARD BREAKFAST ~ 7:00 a.m.
- OCS ANNUAL ALUMNI BREAKFAST ~ 7:00 a.m.
- ROTC ALUMNI BREAKFAST ~ 7:00 a.m.
- SERVICE ACADEMY ALUMNI BREAKFAST ~ 7:00 a.m.
- WARRANT OFFICER BREAKFAST ~ 7:00 a.m.
- BUSINESS SESSION ~ 9:00 a.m. Spouses are invited to the opening ceremony. Uniform is ABU/ACU for military personnel and business casual for spouses and retirees.
- SPOUSES ACTIVITY ~ 11:00 a.m. in the IP Casino Ballroom. New Orleans Style will be the theme and we welcome you to wear your New Orleans attire (Mardi Gras colors are encouraged). Lots of prizes will be awarded. Cost is $10 per person.
- COMPANY GRADE OFFICER LUNCH WITH TAG ~ at the conclusion of the business session in the IP Casino (Specific location will be in your registration packet). There is no charge for this event. Point of contact is LTC Allen McDaniel at 601-540-2794 or email@example.com
- FIELD GRADE LUNCHEON ~ at the conclusion of the business session in the IP Casino (Specific location will be in your registration packet). Cost is $10 per person. Point of contact is LTC Allen McDaniel at 601-540-2794 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- MEDICAL CORP LUNCH ~ at the conclusion of the business session in the IP Casino (Specific location will be in your registration packet). Cost is $10 per person. Point of contact is LTC Allen McDaniel at 601-540-2794 or email@example.com
- SJA LUNCH ~ at the conclusion of the business session in the IP (specific location will be in your registration packet). Cost is $10 per person. Point of Contact is LTC Mark Majors at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-405-4519.
- UNITS DINNER ~ at the IP Casino Grand Ballroom. Cash Bar opens at 6:00 p.m. Dinner will be served at 7:00 p.m. Cost is $20 per person. Name badges will contain your ticket for admission so pre-registration is essential. Uniform for the Units Dinner will be dress blues, or mess dress with appropriate attire for spouses.
Please visit this page, Facebook and Twitter for more information and updates.